8.06.2008

Flipping to the back, to read the end.

The Hare’s family is all big fans of The Twilight Zone. It drives me nuts. I don’t like the mystery and suspense. Of course I want to know what happened, but I’m too impatient to wait around for the answer. Just give me the who, what, where, when and how, so I can get on with my day.

I’ve been hearing the phrase, “It felt like I was in The Twilight Zone” many times this week. It makes me grateful that I’m not; I don’t want to be in any of those crazy Twilight situations. Yech. This inspired one of my MANY lists. Normally I write my lists on old check-out cards we find in the books, but today it’s going online, you lucky alligator, you.

-I’m so happy I live in sunny Arizona and not The Twilight Zone.
-We own a house, which means I don’t have to search, apply, pay deposits, pack, move and clean at the end of every lease.
-I am exposed to so many different people and I love learning about other cultures.
-I have the opportunity to attend an awesomely diverse school that provides me with a variety of opportunities. The downside: someday I will have to make up my mind.
-I get to work in the LIBRARY at this awesome school.
-I have always been encouraged by my parents and I have the opportunity to provide encouragement for others daily. I love seeing how this brightens someone’s day. I can’t imagine having been raised without it and I wish others would practice this more.
-I’m grateful that I can step back and analyze a situation, decide whether or not it matters to me and if it’s worth my time.
-I love all those crazy people out there I call family and friends.

If I were writing this on a check-out card, I would have run out of room, so that’s all for now. Lucky for you, it wasn’t my daily, boring to-do list. I need to figure out a way to make it home with those and my shopping lists; I always lose it between my car and the store. Someone in the parking lot is probably concerned about the quantity of Hot Pockets my family consumes.

4 comments:

Jed and Stacey said...

Hey.. the hot pocket thing must run in the family :)! You have a good list there buddy! We do have great parents and u have a lot of awesome gifts/talents! As for Twilight.. I stayed up until 4:30 last night reading it.. made it to the 500's.. I'll let you know what happens if you dont already..

Jed and Stacey said...

wait a second.. u weren't talking about the twilight series..Man I'm an idiot! I have no idea how we're even related.. haha

Tortoise said...

You sure are lucky you caught that one before I had a chance to respond! ;)

camille said...

ha ha ha.....