8.28.2008

Don't worry, I'm still here.

It has been a busy week, with school, work, rain, internet issues, on and on. I'm pretty excited about my classes this semester, they shouldn't be too much work, just lots of reading. I can handle that. Work hasn't been any busier, but I was able to miss a day due to rain. My excuse was that since my truck windows are still stuck in the down position, I didn't want to drive. They took it pretty well as usual. THE INTERNET... my house is cursed. I'm positive this is the problem. The internet provider sent us a new modem thingamajig, I hooked it up and all was well... for a few hours. Then it started misbehaving just like it used to. The crazy internet lady on the phone last night had me doing all sorts of things with plugging/unplugging phones, switching jacks, might as well unplug the TV while you're at it. AAGH. They're supposed to call me back today with a cure for my internet illness. We will see. Of course I'm still thinking positive thoughts about this, because it has to work tonight-OR ELSE!

I had a heebie-jeebie moment at work today. I have the habit of walking around in my socks, shoes left beneath my desk. When I slipped them back on, I noted a rock type of feeling under my arch. I dumped it out and it was a BIG, BLACK, YUCKY BEETLE! Ewwwy, yucky, ewwy, blah. I guess that's what I get for acting as if I'm at home while at work. So now that I've learned my lesson, shoes go on the desk.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I'm sorry you weren't able to get your windows fixed but hey, one less day of work--right? So *maybe* they were meant not to uh--get fixed. Right?? And the beetle thing? No comment. Gross. Did you use that same shoe to kill it?

Jed and Stacey said...

ewww.. that's some serious nastiness! Did you scream or anything when you found out what it was..? I probably would have thrown the shoe across the room and never worn it again! You're so tough..