7.31.2008

From profanity to bloodsuckers

Yesterday did not improve. We had noticed a few days ago that our dog had a tick. At the time we didn't think too much about it. The situation changed drastically when I found a little bloodsucker attached to my calf. Hmm... imagine my excitement over that one. This spurred a frenzy of cleaning throughout the house. I would find one here or there and these were all small. No big deal, until I come to the rug partly under our bed where the larger bloodsuckers were hiding.

Enter slight panic attack/meltdown/Hare coming home from work to me losing my mind. He ended up going to the store to buy a variety of tick killing items, while I threw away everything on the floor, tore out the ugly brown carpet from the bathroom, put tons of clothes in laundry bags, the list goes on. This lasted until the wee hours in the morning. Once I did try to sleep, I couldn't because my crazy imagination felt them crawling all over me. I have never been so happy to go to work in the morning. I considered driving here last night to sleep on the couch in our breakroom. Hopefully the purchased items do their job before the kids come home from their dad's house this weekend. I would definitely have a panic attack seeing one in their hair. Yuck!

1 comment:

Jed and Stacey said...

Holy crap.. that's nasty!! I feel for ya, sis!!! Stick in there..