7.30.2008

Plethora of profanity

If there were a day I needed to mentally rinse my mouth out with soap, it's today! Note the keyword, mentally... I didn't cuss out loud. The Hare wouldn't know what to do with competition in that category. Back on topic:

This morning was not my favorite. First of all I was planning to go to work an hour early to make up for being 3 hours late last week. The lateness was due to one of my MANY flat tire incidents, this time a truck tire. Bah.

No worries because I'm an early bird and was raring to go. After I filled up at the gas station, I accidentally hit the knob for 4LO. Hmm, no big deal just turn it back to normal. WRONG! Wouldn't turn back, well the knob would turn, but not the important mechanical part (transmission?) of it. I drove the whole way to work going 30mph. This was on the backroad that has a speed limit of 55. Awesome.

Once I got to work, I promptly whipped out my future librarian skills aka Google. Simple solution to my predicament. Put the truck in Neutral, then turn the knob. Duh, like I was supposed to know that. I had tried every other combination of tricks, just not this one. Bah.

Other than that, things are going great. You just might want to avoid me until the black thunderstorm cloud leaves my presence. The sarcasm might sting today. That's your only warning. ;)

4 comments:

f.u.n.! genealogy said...

Hang in there-Girl!

Tortoise said...

In a noose? ;)

Jed and Stacey said...

AWESOME! At least you have your mad librarian skills!! If I ever have a problem.. I call dad :), I dont have the many talents you do!!

f.u.n.! genealogy said...

..by your toes!