10.29.2008

UNBELIEVABLE!

The student workers know how to play us already and it's only midterm. The amount of actual work they do is very little. The rest of the time is spent doing homework or bizarre activities. As a department, we've been working on a group project, "Jack-o-lantern". It turned out pretty well and is going to be entered in a contest with the other departments.

Yesterday one student asked if we could have another day to do individual pumpkin carving. Why? Because she didn't have time to do this at home. She wants to be paid to carve her pumpkin. I have to admit, they're smart. I said, no way! Which is a first. Normally I will agree to pretty much anything.

While I was at lunch today, they got to my supervisor. Guess what he brought back from the store... pumpkins for each of them. Not only did he give the green light, he paid for them, after I said no work pumpkin carving. These girls are good.

2 comments:

Jed and Stacey said...

Way to be the party pooper!!

Alisa said...

Hahahaha. Oh Mark. What a hero.