9.02.2008

Spaghetti Squash Tuesday


This has been one of our new addtions to Tuesday nights. It has to be this night, because that's when The Hare has his part-time evening job and doesn't eat at home. He refuses to try my DELICIOUS creations. (He might have a few reasons for this behavior. hmph.)
The first attempt was horrible, I can't remember now if I already wrote about it. Sorry if you're hearing this story twice. Sister-in-law/roommate bought a squash for us to try, but got the wrong kind. It had a gross, stinky, buttery smell that I refused to touch after cooking.
Attempt #2 was quite a success. I just substituted the squash for noodles. I even cooked zucchini and added that. Look what a healthy little family we are.
Attempt #3 is in the oven right now. I went out on a limb and made Aunt Caroline's lasagna with the squash! I hope karma is on my side. Fingers crossed, because I'm looking forward to tonight.
p.s. We actually like it when The Hare doesn't like what we cook, because then it's more for us!!

2 comments:

Jed and Stacey said...

Hey, I've had my eyes opened to squash and zucchini.. well in some things.. so maybe you could cook for me :)

Alisa said...

Looks fan-tastic. Don't forget the spaghetti sauce!!