9.12.2008

Pre-event defense

The countdown begins.

We are one week from departure for the "Great Adventure of 2008". This starts out with a truck that has windows in the always open position. This hasn't been a problem here in warm, sunny AZ. We might get a little chilly driving north through the mountains. hmm. Add 3 adults and 3 little boys who haven't been trained for road trips. Then we will be driving 12 hours, overnight. Oh boy, feel the excitement!

We have decided to start preparations now, because between the 3 adults we're likely to forget a lot of things. Our list keeps growing and everytime I'm at the store, I buy more stickers, books, dinosaurs, crackers, granola and fruit snacks. I really should wait on all these things, because The Hare ends up playing with or eating everything as soon as I bring it in the house. I've started hiding the bags in the closets. It's kind of like Easter/Christmas.

I hope the people on the other end of this "Great Adventure" have started their preparations, because there's no turning back now! ha ha ha.

Don't worry, I bought a fresh supply of earplugs. Whew.

2 comments:

Matt and Camille said...

Molly is ready! She can hardly sleep at night because she is so excited!

Jed and Stacey said...

Hooray! Oh you better believe the preparations have begun.. Woo Woo! Good luck with the trip here.. it should be interesting :)