11.18.2008

I thought I was in the home stretch!

GUSSETS! HOW DID I FORGET THE GUSSET? Here I was, merrily knitting my way to a stocking when I was faced with utter confusion. How did I end up with ten too many stitches on my super pretty knitting needles? I was at toe shaping, the last and final step before completion.

Don't worry five inches ago, I should have knitted a gusset. FIVE INCHES! GUSSETS! AAAGH!!

I guess I should be grateful. I did manage to undo all the necessary stitches and add in the gusset without dropping a single stitch. That's a first.

6 comments:

camille said...

Congratulations!! I wish Hallmark made a card for such an occasion

f.u.n.! genealogy said...

What the heck is a gusset! and this was probably my christmas gift!

In regards to the "yikes", finding yarn bag patterns is beyond my creative capabilities. Although, I was thinking you could go "green" and use plastic bags (again).

Jed said...

WORD

Jed and Stacey said...

Yeah.. no idea what you're talking about.. crazy

Tortoise said...

You are all crazy! I'm sure there are people who understand.

Thanks Camille.

f.u.n.! genealogy said...

Stac has a good idea for a sell-able item. Ask her-I bought her some supplies today.